One hundred ninety hectares (469 acres) in a single estate, which was bought by Antonelli family in 1881, making it one of the historical wineries of the Montefalco DOCG area. In 2009 the conversion to organic farming has been completed for all our products.
The plots, clayey and rich in limestone, have various geological origins: some are deep, while others are rocky, thereby providing intense and varied nuances to the wines. The hills are pristine, surrounded by wooded areas and have an ideal microclimate for vines and olive trees. Ten hectares (24 acres) are dedicated to olive groves, while slightly more than 50 (123 acres) are covered by vineyards; these crops are located on the hilltops, with southern and western exposure. We cultivate native varietals: Grechetto and Trebbiano Spoletino for the whites, while the red varietals are mainly Sangiovese and Sagrantino.
At the heart of the property, just below the original manor house, is the Winery; the cellars are completely underground and designed for gravity vinification, with the pressed grapes falling down into the fermentation tanks and the pomace discarded without pumps, simply using the force of gravity. Only grapes cultivated by the winery using organic agricultural methods are used, thereby offering a product in which each phase of the process has evaluated characteristics, merits and potential, with the additional guarantee of organic certification, both of the grapes and the wines.